Friday, September 25, 2015

Why Cupcakes?

As the sister of a baking and pastries chef I've become very interested in the different types of desserts she made, especially cupcakes. Since she went to school in this area I've come to learn a lot of the techniques it takes to made a very elegant cupcake. The recipes alone are pretty simple, but when it comes to decorating the cupcake, that's when the major skills are required.

The patience it takes to execute a classy cupcake is a major factor. You need to know what you want to create and then have a plan as to how you're going to execute that plan. Depending on the types of tools that are available to you, will depend on how elegant your cupcakes will turn out. However, the more you practice your techniques the more the easier it will become to create a classy cupcake.

Knowing that there are various products out there that are at everyone's disposal better allows me to distinguish which products will set my work apart from the apprentice to the executive chef. The knowledge base of the different types of utensils, pans, and accessories also allows my work to be distinguished from other cupcake competitors.

Another essential technique used to create a masterpiece would include piping. Different piping tips and bags help you create a variety of looks and designs you desire your cupcakes to have.

My achieving points would be to inform advanced bakers that there are multiple recipes, techniques, and products available to enhance the quality and overall design of their work setting them apart or satisfying their desire to be more creative when baking cupcakes.

For all the advances bakes out there feel free to comment suggestions, questions, and ideas for new posts on this blog. Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. You illustrated about your blog well. Made it very interesting and enticing. I also liked how you unpacked some basics about your knowledge and future posts. Made it accessible for novices and experts alike.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am inspired by your amazing idea about how to make delicious cupcakes by giving amazing designs to it. Your blog is very helpful to people who love cupcakes, like myself, who can use it for parties or weddings.They will give a more creative look for these types of occasions. As we know nowadays, it has become very popular to use cupcakes at any types of gathering. Because of that, though, it is also expensive to buy cupcakes that have a more creative look. Your idea of making cupcakes by using different type of pipings helped me to see how it could make a simple cupcake look more delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your blog throughout the semester and perhaps seeing some of your projects. I wonder if you might consider interviewing your sister the baker and pastry chef for a future post. I'm also excited to read future posts for some creative inspiration when baking. Hopefully the tips for advanced bakers will be of some use to us novices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find myself excited to see the further posts from your blog. The idea of adding that making the cupcakes is easy and that it really comes down to the decorating being the part where patience is needed it a good touch because it does not scare people away. I myself love to bake but I never do many cupcakes so I am looking forward for some tips and secrets from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this first post, I looking forward to see what the next post will have in it. I like how easy your blog was to read and how interactive that it could potentially become in the near future. I also found the design you used to be very fitting as it does remind me of the interior of a bake shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading this first post, I looking forward to see what the next post will have in it. I like how easy your blog was to read and how interactive that it could potentially become in the near future. I also found the design you used to be very fitting as it does remind me of the interior of a bake shop.

    ReplyDelete